Tigger is a very messy eater. I think he just like to experiment on how much food he can get everywhere apart from his mouth. Therefore all his bibs were smeared and stained and I needed some new ones.
I had some left over toweling fabric and some waterproof material in my scrap pile that I thought could get used up.
For this project I used....

Toweling fabric
Waterproof plastic fabric
Thread on overlocker
Metal snaps with hammer to attach
Old bib to use for shape

Firstly I traced around an old bib to get the right shape onto a piece of paper.

The bigger the better for Tigger!

I then cut out the shape and cut out one piece of the toweling fabric and one of the plastic fabric.

I then pinned them together.

Then over locked the edges together.

Then I used my hammer to attach the metal snaps to the neck of the bib.

This took me about 30 minutes to do and cost me nothing to make as the material was scrap left overs and my Nana had given me the metal snaps.

I could have done it neater and have matching overlocking thread but I needed these quickly and managed to get 3 bibs out of the material I had.

So really happy how these turned out and will be making some more when Tigger trashes these!

I had a whole lot of old work pants that were pretty worn in the knees. I am a trained Physiotherapist (now retired!) so was pretty tough on my clothes during treatments and in the gym.
So I wasn't wearing them much anymore.
Then Mouse got bigger and needed some more clothes.
I found this amazing pattern from Dana Made It.
Also it is FREE which is great.

I have used this pattern to make the above shorts for Mouse. I have also made him shorts out of some old polo shirts that his Granddad let me use. Then some jeans made out of some old maternity jeans, and then some smart pants out another pair of work pants. So about 5-6 pairs of shorts/long pants using old pants/shorts of mine that we don't mind him dirtying up!

It is such a great pattern and I intend to use it more over this next winter as Mouse's leg seem way too long already!!
Sorry for the break in Blogging but we have just come back from a lovely holiday visiting my family in the South Island. We had such a great time playing in Rivers, throwing stones in lakes, fires on the beach and biking around everywhere. Now we are back into reality and I'm back to blogging again!

I made this Button Monogram for my lovely niece for her birthday. She loves pink and I had been given all these buttons by my Mum so after seeing this on Pinterest I thought I could make one for her room.
What you need for this -
Material of any colour,  I used a plain pink cotton fabiric.
Photo frame, I already had this one that had no glass that I got for $1.
Thread that matches the buttons.
PVA glue.

Firstly I ironed the material to make it smooth.

Then I laid out the buttons in the shape I wanted. In this cas the letter J. 

I used different size ones to make it interesting

I tried to just sew them on but found I needed to glue them on first with a little PVA to stop them moving around so much while sewing.

I sewed the buttons on with matching thread. This took way longer than I thought but I'm pretty slow at hand sewing!

Then I attached the material to the base board of the photo frame with some glue and some extra tape as I was impatient.

Then Popped it in the frame and it was done!

My Niece seemed to like it so I think it was a successful project that took me an evening to do and ended up looking really good. 

I had a problem! My Performance Choir group (see our website) had decided that we needed to up the classiness of our outfits. Before we were just wearing Black t- shirts with our group logo on it. But now we had to all be wearing black long sleeves and be in dresses that we could wear to a wedding. Oh help!

I had no tops and no extra cash to go and get one for the performance that weekend. So luckily I came across this great tutorial to turn a simple top into a shrug. 

So I found a basic long sleeve Merino wool top that had stretched a bit from wearing when I was pregnant with Mouse and set to it.
Basically you cut down the front of the top and then fold over the cut edge about 2cm and sew it down to make a tunnel you can thread ribbon through.

I was in such a rush to have this ready I just hand sewed the hem down, as it only had to last 20 minutes for the performance.

Afterwards I decided I liked the look so I unpicked my hand stitches and over locked the cut edge.

Then  I straight stitched the hem down with my sewing machine.

I used about 2 metres of 5mm black statin ribbon that I thread through the seam tunnel using a safety pin.

Tied it up in a bow in the front and I was set to go sing.

I used this for performing all winter and I think it looks much dressier than a plain top and shows off any nice dress I wear underneath.

Super quick and easy to do and I will try on other tops in the future too I think.