As you can see it had some really attractive holes right in the front, for all to see.
But the rest of it was in really good condition and I couldn't bear to throw it out.
I also found this great green t-shirt that my husband got years ago that had been given to his brother and came back to us with some interesting stains from darkest India.
Nothing dodgy apparently!
The colours were so good together I thought I should be able to fix my tunic up a bit.
I found this great tutorial on Pinterest that I thought could work by adding a pocket to the front
I got a bit of A4 paper and folded it in half.
Then traced around the edge of a side plate to get a curve for the pocket holes.
I then cut the curve out and it looked like the photo to the left.
You can see the couple of attempts it took me to get the shape I liked!
I then placed the shape onto my tunic top to see if I liked it and altered the pocket shape til it looked right.
I then used the pocket pattern to cut out a double layer thickness on the green t-shirt.
I pinned the 2 pieces together and overlocked it together with a small gap at the top to turn it inside out to put the seams inside.
I made sure no stains were visible on the side that was going to be on the outside of the pocket!
I then stitched the pocket on along the top, making sure my turning hole was stitched as well.
Also along the sides and bottom making sure the hand holes were open.
I am so glad I got to reuse the old t-shirt into making my tunic wearable again. And the pocket had been great for putting my keys in when carrying the kids.